What is Cannabidiol?
The CBDcannabidiol, also called cannabidiol, is a natural compound with significant therapeutic potential and does not produce psychoactive or psychotropic effects. There is a growing body of research and studies supporting its benefits and ability to alleviate a variety of symptoms associated with various conditions, such as stress, arthritis or muscle pain. CBD products, such as creams and oilscan improve the quality of life of consumers.
This component is one of the two main cannabinoids present in the cannabis or hemp plant, along with THC, and its proportion varies from strain to strain. Some strains of Cannabis Sativa have a minimal amount of CBD, while in others it is more abundant or in balance with THC.
Cannabidiol is therapeutically important and does not produce psychoactive effects, unlike THC. The psychoactivity of CBD is related to its anxiolytic properties, whereas the psychoactivity of THC is associated with its psychotropic effects. In short, CBD has beneficial properties without the psychoactive effects associated with THC.
How can Cannabidiol be used?
Cannabidiol can be used in a variety of ways, depending on the product and the condition to be treated. Some of the most common ways to use CBD are:
- CBD oilCannabidiol can be administered topically, by applying it directly to the skin, or orally, by placing a few drops under the tongue. The most common way to use cannabidiol is orally, as it is optimally absorbed in this area.
- CBD creamsThey are applied to the skin in the affected area. They are very easy to use and also very versatile as they can act on the skin to soothe and moisturise it, as well as on the muscles to obtain a feeling of muscle relaxation thanks to their analgesic properties.
- CBD edibles: The consumption of cannabis edibles started mainly with cakes and muffins, but nowadays there is a wide variety of products on the market that contain CBD. These edibles have a natural taste, although they may not be to everyone's taste. It is worth noting that the effects take time to appear, as it is not the same as the sublingual use of CBD that the ingested use of CBD They can take up to two hours, but last longer, up to 8 hours. Therefore, they are ideal for situations where a quick dose of CBD cannot be taken or prolonged relief is needed.
- Serums with CBD: A CBD serum is a skin care product containing cannabidiol. The serum is applied topically to the skin and is intended to provide therapeutic benefits to the skin, such as reduce inflammation, moisturise and soothe the skin, improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and reduce acne and other skin conditions. The cannabidiol in the serum interacts with the cannabinoid receptors in the skin, which can help regulate its inflammatory response. In addition, CBD has properties antioxidants y anti-inflammatory that can help protect the skin from environmental damage and prevent premature ageing.
Are there any side effects of using cannabidiol?
Although cannabidiol (CBD) is generally considered safe, according to a large body of research, and as declared by the WHO. its use can cause side effects in some people, especially if very high doses are consumed. Some of the most common side effects of CBD include fatigue, changes in appetite and weight, diarrhoea and mood swings. It can also interact with certain medications, so it is important to talk to a doctor before taking CBD if you are taking any medications.
In terms of contraindications, CBD is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women, as not enough research has been done on its safety in these situations. Caution should also be exercised in people with liver disease, as CBD can affect liver function and the dosage of other medications.
Precautions when using Cannabidiol
The consumption of CBD can affect each person differently and, in some cases, can cause side effects. To prevent these adverse effects, it is important to know which patients should not use CBD as a therapeutic treatment and to take precautions when using CBD. using cannabidiol for health.
If you are considering taking CBD, it is important to take certain precautions to ensure its safety and effectiveness:
- Consultation with a doctor: Before starting to take any CBD product, it is recommended that you consult a doctor, especially if you are taking other medications or have any pre-existing medical conditions.
- Buy quality products: Make sure you buy high-quality CBD products, preferably from trusted and recognised brands. Check labels to make sure that the product contains the amount of CBD indicated and that it does not contain traces of THC.
- Start with a low doseStart with a low dose of CBD and gradually increase the dose until you find the right amount for you.
- Watch your reactionsBe aware of any side effects and if you experience any problems, reduce the dose or discontinue use of the product.
- Adequate storage: Store the product in a cool, dry place and follow the manufacturer's storage instructions.
- Avoid use during pregnancy or lactation: The use of CBD is not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding, as there is still insufficient research on its safety in these situations.
- Be aware of possible drug interactions: CBD can interact with some medications, so it is important to talk to a doctor before taking CBD if you are taking any other medications.
Properties of Cannabidiol
Cannabidiol has beneficial properties and can be beneficial to people's health. There is various evidence for these positive properties, some of which include:
Cannabidiol has a number of positive health properties, such as:
- Analgesic action.
- Anticonvulsant effect.
- Reduction of nausea and antiemetic action.
- Anxiolytic properties.
- Helps reduce addiction to drugs such as heroin, cocaine and alcohol.
- Anti-inflammatory effect.
- Neuroprotective function.
- Antioxidant action.
- Anti-tumour properties.
- Antipsychotic effect.
- Immunomodulatory function.
CBD has a variety of therapeutic properties that make it effective in the treatment of various diseases and conditions, such as:
- Neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease and multiple sclerosis.
- Anxiety disorders.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- As an adjunct to chemotherapy treatment.
- Chemical dependencies.
- Psychotic disorders.
- Chronic inflammatory diseases such as Crohn's disease, chronic polyarthritis and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Anti-tumour treatment.
Where can I buy Cannabidiol?
In Spain, the cannabidiol is available in presentations of cream y oil for topical use. However, it is advisable to follow the instructions and seek the advice of a specialist doctor or pharmacist when taking it.
Where to buy Cannabidiol?
CBD can be purchased in various places, depending on local regulations and the sales options available in each country. Some places where CBD can be found include:
- Online shops specialising in CBD products
- Vape shops.
- Pharmacies and in countries where CBD is legal for medicinal or recreational use.
It is important to check the legality of CBD in your country before purchasing it and to make sure that the product you buy is of high quality and meets safety standards.