Moisturising the skin from a young age is very important so that when you start to lose fluids after the age of 30, your skin has a good water reserve. We want to share with you our new favourite anti-ageing CBD cream. Although I'm not sure if it really gives the glow that everyone says it does or if it actually regenerates the skin, what I can say for sure is that since our clients have been using it, their face looks happier and they feel better as a result.
- Produced in Spain
- With Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramides
- 98% Natural ingredients
- Rich in Cannabidiol (600mg)
- Rich in Cannabigerol (CBG, 50mg)
Some of the benefits it offers are as follows:
- Reduces and smoothes wrinkles and expression lines.
- It supports the renewal processes of theThe skin's natural protective barrier, maintaining its hydrolipidic layer.
- Naturally nourishes and moisturises the skin.
- Increases the elasticity and firmness of the skin.
- Counteracts the negative effects of pollution and oxidative stress, preventing premature skin ageing.
In this blog we explain their benefits, ingredients and cosmetic active ingredients and how to really know if and how a cream can prevent ageing.
- 1 What is an anti-ageing cream?
- 2 The best ingredients for an anti-ageing cream: antioxidants and anti-inflammatories
- 3 Ingredients that make sense in an anti-wrinkle cream:
- 4 At what age should you start using anti-ageing cream?
What is an anti-ageing cream?
An anti-ageing cream is a cosmetic product designed to help prevent or reduce the signs of ageing in the skin, such as wrinkles, fine lines, loss of firmness and elasticity, dryness and dullness.
These creams usually contain active ingredients that act on the various processes that affect the skin with age, such as decreased collagen and elastin production, free radical damage and moisture loss. The active ingredients may vary depending on the brand and formula of the anti-ageing cream, but typically include antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, retinol, peptides, vitamins and minerals.
Anti-ageing creams are applied to clean, dry skin, usually in the morning and/or evening, and gently massaged in until absorbed.
The best ingredients for an anti-ageing cream: antioxidants and anti-inflammatories
There are many ingredients that can be effective in an anti-ageing cream, but some of the most popular and well-researched include:
- Bakuchiolis an active, plant-based form of vitamin A, which helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, improve skin texture and tone, and increase collagen production.
- Hyaluronic acid: is a natural moisturiser that can help hydrate and soften the skin, which can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve elasticity.
- Antioxidants: such as vitamin C and Ewhich can help protect the skin from free radicals and UV damage.
- Ceramidesare molecules that can help stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, which can improve the skin's firmness and elasticity, as well as reinforce our dermal hydro-lipid barrier.
- Niacinamideis a form of vitamin B3 that can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin texture and tone, and increase the production of ceramides, which are important for skin barrier health.
- Centella AsiaticaCentella asiatica is a natural ingredient that has been used for centuries in traditional medicine to treat various skin conditions. In cosmetics, it has become popular because of its ability to improving health and appearance of the skin.
The great moisturiser: Hyaluronic Acid.
Hyaluronic acid is a compound naturally present in the human body found in the skin, joints and other connective tissues. It is a popular ingredient in skin care products due to its numerous benefits.
Here are six benefits of hyaluronic acid for the skin:
- HydrationHyaluronic acid is a natural humectant that can help retain moisture in the skin, keeping it hydrated and soft.
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines: Hyaluronic acid can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines by improving skin hydration and elasticity.
- Improves skin elasticityHyaluronic acid can help improve skin elasticity by stimulating the production of collagen, a protein essential for skin firmness and elasticity.
- Protection against environmental damage: Hyaluronic acid can help protect the skin from environmental damage, including UV exposure and pollution.
- Helps repair the skin barrierHyaluronic acid can help strengthen the skin barrier, which is essential for keeping skin healthy and protected.
- Improves skin texture and toneHyaluronic acid can help improve skin texture and tone by stimulating cell renewal and improving hydration.
Please note that the benefits of hyaluronic acid may vary depending on the formulation and concentration of the ingredient in the product. Therefore, it is advisable to look for products from trusted brands and consult with a dermatologist or skin care professional to find the products that best suit your needs and skin type.
Hyaluronic Acid can be compared to a sponge that retains volume and moisture in our skin and body. This compound is produced naturally by our body, but as we age, we produce less of it.
The inclusion of Hyaluronic Acid in a cream can provide an increase in volume and hydration, which helps prevent premature skin ageing. In addition, this cream can provide a smooth effect similar to that of an Instagram filter.
Ceramides are lipids or fats found naturally in the skin, where they play an important role in the skin barrier. This barrier is the protective layer that helps maintain hydration and protects the skin from external agents such as pollution and irritants.
In the skin, ceramides help maintain moisture and elasticity, and also contribute to cell regeneration. As we age, the amount of ceramides decreases, which can lead to drier and less protected skin.
Because of their essential role in the skin barrier, ceramides are a popular ingredient in skin care products. Creams and serums containing ceramides can help restore and strengthen the skin barrier, which can improve skin hydration and elasticity, and protect against external agents.
Studies Recent studies have shown that topical application of a combination of ceramides, cholesterol and free fatty acids can accelerate skin barrier repair in patients with atopic dermatitis.
Therefore, if you are looking to improve the health of your skin and achieve a hydrated and juicy appearance, the inclusion of ceramides in your skincare regime can be beneficial.
The professor, the great regulator of oxidation and inflammation: CBD
The cannabidiol (CBD) is a chemical compound found in the cannabis plant. Unlike THC, CBD does not produce psychoactive effects and has been investigated for its potential health benefits.
The CBD has been used in skin care products due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation and redness of the skin.
Their potential use has also been explored in the treatment of acne, dermatitis and psoriasisalthough more research is needed to confirm its effects on these conditions.
CBD acts on the skin by interacting with cannabinoid receptors in the skin. endocannabinoid system receptors. These receptors are found in skin cells and are involved in a variety of processes, such as the regulation of inflammation, sebum production and cell renewal.
CBD is known to have properties anti-inflammatory y antioxidants that can help to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress in the skin. It can also help regulate sebum production, which can be beneficial in the treatment of acne and other skin conditions.
In addition, it has been shown that CBD can interact with other signalling systems in the skin, such as the TRPV1which is involved in the regulation of the pain and the feeling of itching.
In general, CBD can act on the skin in a variety of ways, making it an interesting ingredient in skincare products to help improve the health and appearance of the skin.
Benefits of CBD for the skin
- Anti-inflammatory propertiesCBD can help reduce inflammation in the skin, which can be beneficial in treating conditions such as acne, dermatitis and psoriasis.
- Antioxidant actionCBD has antioxidant properties that can help protect the skin from free radical damage and premature ageing.
- Control of sebum productionCBD can help regulate sebum production in the skin, which can be beneficial in treating conditions such as acne and oily skin.
- Moisturising propertiesCBD can help keep skin hydrated by increasing water retention in the skin.
- Relief from pain and itchingCBD can interact with pain and itch receptors in the skin, which can help relieve the discomfort associated with these sensations.
- Improved skin barrier functionCBD can help strengthen the skin barrier and improve its protective function against external factors such as pollution and UV rays.
- Soothing propertiesCBD has calming properties that can help reduce stress and anxiety in the skin, which can be beneficial in treating conditions such as eczema and rosacea.
Benefits of CBG (Cannabigerol) for the skin:
Although research on the benefits of CBG for the skin is still limited, here are some studies and findings that have been suggested:
- Anti-inflammatory properties: A 2015 study published in the journal Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry found that CBG has anti-inflammatory properties and may be beneficial in treating inflammatory skin diseases such as psoriasis and eczema.
- Control of sebum productionA study of 2019 published in the journal Clinical Therapeutics found that CBG can reduce sebum production in the skin's sebaceous glands, which may be beneficial for treating acne and oily skin.
- Antioxidant properties: A 2017 study published in the journal Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research found that CBG has antioxidant properties and may be beneficial in protecting the skin from free radical damage and premature ageing.
- Stimulation of the production of new cells: A 2018 study published in the journal Molecules found that CBG can stimulate the production of new cells in the skin, which may be beneficial in treating conditions such as sun-damaged and ageing skin.
- Antimicrobial properties: A 2020 study published in the journal Antibiotics found that CBG has antimicrobial properties and may be beneficial in preventing and treating skin infections.
It is important to note that more research is needed to determine the specific skin benefits of CBG and the effectiveness of its topical use.
Ingredients that make sense in an anti-wrinkle cream:
Other ingredients that are highly beneficial in preventing premature skin ageing are those that soothe and calm sensitive skin, while providing antioxidant properties that protect the skin from environmental damage. These include:
- JojobaRich in antioxidants, this plant is particularly repairing for acne-prone skin thanks to its anti-seborrhoeic and anti-inflammatory activity.
- SqualeneWith essential fatty acids that repair the skin, it is an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and natural repairer. Discover all its benefits for the skin on our blog.
- Asian pennywortCollagen and elastin: With a high content of collagen and elastin, this plant is a perfect ally for repairing and preventing ageing caused by sun damage.
- Hemp oilMoisturising and rich in fatty acids, this essential oil provides the skin with the nutrients it needs to repair and nourish itself.
- Mango butter: Promotes skin repair by moisturising and activating collagen production.
- Rose Hip Oil Especially moisturising and soothing, this essential oil is suitable for all skin types.
- Witch Hazel WaterHelps to cleanse the skin, soothe irritation, deflate pimples and wounds, decongest pores and promote healing.
At what age should you start using anti-ageing cream?
The age to start using anti-ageing cream can vary depending on factors such as skin type, lifestyle and genetics. Generally, it is recommended to start using anti-ageing products from the age of 25 as a preventative measure, as this is when collagen and elastin levels in the skin begin to decline. However, people with drier skin or with premature signs of ageing may start earlier. It is important to consult a dermatologist to determine the right time and which products are most suitable for each skin type.
Skin care ritual with CBD:
We begin our morning routine at 8:00 a.m. by gently moisturising and cleansing the face. Then, we towel dry the skin and apply the Anti-Ageing Cream with CBD (The Chill Cream) for an immediate good face effect, which will moisturise and plump our skin all day long. This cream is ideal for use before make-up as it provides a smooth, mattifying effect without pilling. If you prefer a juicier finish, apply a few drops of the CBD Serum to 2% and Bakuchiol to 1%.
After the cream, we apply the Lip Balm with CBD to protect and nourish the lips. If we want to add antioxidants to our diet, we can opt for some antioxidant-rich teas, such as green tea, black tea, chai or turmeric infusion.
Before going to bed, we cleanse our skin thoroughly and apply a few drops of the CBD Serum, warming it slightly in the palms of our hands before applying it to the skin. This plant-based formula rich in fatty acids and omega 3 and 6 regulates oxidation cycles and balances the production of oil and cells in our skin. Afterwards, apply a little Moisturising Cream with CBD y CBD Body Oil (if you showered in the morning, apply the lotion then). This way, our skin will be nourished and ready to rest overnight.