Any long-term climber can attest to the inevitability of chafing, dislocated fingers, tendonitis and more serious mishaps. Climbers spend an enormous amount of time practising and training routes to be able to execute them safely and perfectly.
"I TRAVEL AND CLIMB ABOUT EIGHT MONTHS OF THE YEAR. THAT'S A GREAT WORKOUT IN ITSELF. WHEN I'M AT HOME, I DO A LOT OF BOULDERING, GYM CLIMBING AND SPECIFIC STRENGTH TRAINING IN AN EFFORT TO GET STRONGER FOR CLIMBING."Carla Tomas
Rest becomes paramount when you spend so much time working towards the next peak.
"RECOVERY IS THE KEY TO TRAINING. THE MORE YOU TRAIN, THE MORE TIRED YOU WILL BE. THE BETTER THE RECOVERY, THE LESS TIRED YOU WILL BE, THE MORE YOU WILL TRAIN AND, ULTIMATELY, THE BETTER ATHLETE YOU WILL BE".Carla Tomas
THERE ARE MANY REASONS TO ADD CBD TO YOUR LIFE IF YOU ARE A CLIMBER:
- CBD can reduce anxiety and stress. Climbing involves many high-pressure situations. CBD can help climbers cope with anxiety and stress by increasing levels of serotonin in the brain, which is a chemical messenger that promotes feelings of calm, happiness and well-being.
- CBD has been shown to improve sleep quality. Climbers are often exhausted after a long day of training and may have trouble relaxing as they prepare for tomorrow's climb. CBD has been shown to help regulate sleep patterns and support the body's natural circadian rhythms.
- CBD can help reduce arthritis pain. There is no way around it, climbing takes its toll on joints and tendons and can lead to arthritis, especially if you overdo it or get injured when you are relatively young.
- CBD has been shown to help reduce inflammation. Most climbers fear developing "climber's elbow", which is reminiscent of "tennis elbow" or "golfer's elbow". Climber's elbow, or lateral epicondylitis, is an inflammation of the tendons that attach the forearm muscles to the outside of the elbow. Trigger finger is another common injury, which occurs when the flexor tendon becomes irritated and inflamed, eventually creating nodules that make it difficult to bend and straighten the joint. Because climbers use movements that include repetitive gripping and lifting, these are common overuse injuries, often treated with rest, ice and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
TRY CBD OIL, BALANCE OIL, BY BOVĒ HEALTH
- CBD is a safer alternative to repeatedly taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (such as ibuprofen). Unlike regularly taking ibuprofen, naproxen or high-dose aspirin, taking CBD does not pose a potential risk of kidney damage. CBD works by interacting with your body's endocannabinoid system, which is responsible for maintaining a sense of balance, affecting your mood and perception of pain.
The Balance Oil by Bovē Health integrates perfectly into climbers' training, to control pain, inflammation, and also offers the possibility to use it topically, in the form of muscle massage for fast and localised relief.
One of the great benefits of using CBD for climbers is that it helps them rest and recover to make sure they're ready for tomorrow's climb - and reducing pain and inflammation plays an important role. Our Broad Spectrum CBD products are effective across the board, addressing all aspects of training, giving you the tools you need to make every grip count. No matter what peak you're reaching for.